Chunky Adobo Sofrito Chicken
Sofritos vary country to country, but they are typically sauteed chopped aromatic vegetables, like garlic, onions and peppers used as a base to flavor recipes.
310 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
60 (1 serving)
7g (1 serving)
1.5g (1 serving)
75mg (1 serving)
280mg (1 serving)
32g (1 serving)
4g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
28g (1 serving)
6% (1 serving)
10% (1 serving)
790mg (1 serving)
110% (1 serving)
15% (1 serving)
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise or Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1 lb.) or skinless bone-in chicken thighs*
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. Combine, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar and oregano in small bowl; remove and set aside 1 tablespoon.
2. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate 20 minutes. Toss tomatoes, peppers and onion with remaining Mayonnaise mixture.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
4. Heat same skillet over medium-high heat and cook vegetable mixture, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onion are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in water; add chicken cook covered over medium-low heat, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
5. Transfer chicken to serving platter. Stir reserved 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise mixture into vegetables. Spoon vegetable mixture onto platter and sprinkle, if desired, with chopped cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice