Portobello Mushroom Pitas
Bite into our delicious Portobello Mushroom Pitas made with Hellmann’s® Light Mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and fresh garnishes.
310 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
120 (1 serving)
13g (1 serving)
2.5g (1 serving)
15mg (1 serving)
750mg (1 serving)
41g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
8g (1 serving)
11g (1 serving)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 large whole wheat pita breads
1. In small bowl, combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, cheese, basil, garlic and salt; set aside.
2. Season mushroom caps and onions, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill or broil mushroom caps and onions 8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
3. To serve, arrange pita breads on serving plates. Evenly spread with 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture, then top with lettuce, mushroom caps, tomato, hot onion and remaining mayonnaise mixture.