Berry Pie Sundae Recipe
The best way to eat pie is topped with ice cream. Co-created with So Yummy, this berry pie sundae recipe combines both for the perfect fruit dessert all year!
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. berry jam, (plus more for garnish)
- 3 scoops Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 2 dollops whipped cream
1. Preheat: Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2. Pie Crust: Cut two 8-inch circles out of the pie crusts and save the scraps. Brush the egg around the outer 3 inches of one circle of dough. Spread 1 tablespoon of berry jam on the bottom of a wide glass and press the bottom of the glass gently onto the center of the egg-washed circle of pie dough to transfer the jam to the dough. Place the other circle of pie dough directly on top of the circle that has the jam. Place the dough circles on top of an overturned oven-safe glass or metal bowl set on top of a parchment-lined sheet tray. Use all but one 1” ball of dough scraps to make a long dough braid. Wrap the braid around the base of the dough circles and seal with some egg wash. Flatten the remaining 1” ball of dough and place it next to the dough bowl on the sheet tray. Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Assemble: Lift the pie bowl up and transfer it to a plate, open side up. Let cool. Fill the bowl with the ice cream, garnish with the berries, a drizzle of jam and some whipped cream. Break up the remaining piece of baked dough into crumbles and sprinkle them on the sundae.