Chicken Tinga Tacos Recipe
These tasty shredded Chicken Tinga Tacos are delicious and easy-to-make on a budget costing under $4 per serving.
540 (2 tacos)
22g (2 tacos)
3g (2 tacos)
55mg (2 tacos)
550mg (2 tacos)
60g (2 tacos)
4g (2 tacos)
9g (2 tacos)
24g (2 tacos)
57mg (2 tacos)
2mg (2 tacos)
565mg (2 tacos)
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor or 1 Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cube, crumbled
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp. PLUS 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 20 corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut in wedges
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Start by cooking the brown rice in water according to package directions. Meanwhile, begin to prepare your tacos. Sprinkle Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor over chicken breasts, rubbing into chicken to coat.
2. Heat 2 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes. Pour water into skillet; cover, reduce heat and simmer, turning chicken once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, 8 to 10 minutes for small breasts, 10 to 12 minutes for larger breasts.
3. Remove chicken to plate; refrigerate until cool enough to handle. Pour cooking liquid into bowl and set aside.
4. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over high heat and cook onion stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in chile powder, garlic and reserved cooking liquid and cook, stirring occasionally, until very thick, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile shred chicken.
6. Stir chicken and any juices into skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until very thick and chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
7. Have your family build their own tacos. Start by stacking 2 tortillas topped with chicken, and, if desired, taco toppings of your choice.
8. Finally, toss the salad greens, tomato wedges and oil and vinegar in a salad bowl.
9. Serve tacos with salad and rice.