Hearty Beef Soup
Warm up with our Hearty Beef Soup. Jalapeno peppers give this soup a kick, which also has sirloin steak, and a selection of veggies.
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cups assorted fresh or frozen vegetables (such as carrot, celery, zucchini and yellow squash)
- 1/3 cup regular rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Roast onion, jalapeno peppers and garlic in dry medium skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes or until blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Chop onion and garlic. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil and let stand until cool. Peel, seed and chop peppers.
2. Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and brown steak. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and cook vegetables about 6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice and cook about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in onion, peppers, garlic, water, tomatoes and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat and stir in steak. Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges.