A classic that isn’t just for fall. This pumpkin soup recipe is so delicious, you’ll be craving it all year. Plus, it makes a great addition to holiday meals and is easy to prepare. Grab some fresh pumpkin and get ready to dig into this satisfying soup.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh pumpkin, peeled and cubed (about 8 cups)*
- 2 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic and pumpkin, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in cream and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
2. Process soup in blender or food processor in batches, at low speed, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and season with salt and pepper; heat through.