Tamarind Rice & Chick Peas
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Tamarind Rice & Chick Peas made with a few simple ingredients. A recipe that’s quick and easy to make but flavorful to eat!
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 small green and/or red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup regular rice or converted rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup tamarind juice or papaya nectar
- 5 tsp. Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (16 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
1. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook green peppers and rice, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until rice is golden. Stir in water, tamarind juice and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in chick peas or garbanzo beans and simmer covered 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in oranges and almonds. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.